• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Pet food storage in your RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We place the pet food and water dishes in the shower when we are in motion. When we stop for the night we put them next to or under the kitchen table. Granted a Cat's dish is much smaller. The wet food is kept in factory package until use and the dry food in a hard plastic sealable container. We have plastic containers that fit the odd shapes of various storage locations.

For RVers with dogs, where do you keep your dog food and how is the dog food stored? Do you use a container or the original bag?

With my prior dog I used a container and it stayed in the bedroom and the bedroom slide cleared it so it worked well. With the current monster I still need to have a crate and she also enjoys sleeping in her crate on her own so that uses up that space for the dog food container. I now put the container in the half bath but I'm thinking of doing away with the container and just leaving the food in the bag as that will fit between the toilet and cabinet.

RVing is the art of constantly figuring out storage. Interested in how you handle your pet food storage in your RV.
We use one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A6UF4U/?tag=rvf01-20

In one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FU3ZNGS/?tag=rvf01-20

There is plenty of additional room for cans and treats.

This is the one I use. Fits nice as when the bedroom slide comes in there is enough room between the bed and the right side wall near the drawers (or left side). But I have a crate there now so I don't have that luxury. May go just with a bag and keep in half bath.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002H3S5U/?tag=rvf01-20

dog-food-container.png

This is the one I use. Fits nice as when the bedroom slide comes in there is enough room between the bed and the right side wall near the drawers (or left side). But I have a crate there now so I don't have that luxury. May go just with a bag and keep in half bath.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002H3S5U/?tag=rvf01-20

View attachment 4215
So there is no way to put this thing on top of the crate? You could make corners to glue to crate with your 3D printer.

We use small bags, well we have a small dog. But we buy 2 or 3 bags at a time and store unopened till we need it.

So there is no way to put this thing on top of the crate? You could make corners to glue to crate with your 3D printer.

We use small bags, well we have a small dog. But we buy 2 or 3 bags at a time and store unopened till we need it.
Nah, not something I want in sight and I use the top of the crate as another shelf i.e. linens and clothes go there for quick use. I think the medium size bag that will fit between the half bath toilet and the linen closet within will be ideal. Out of the way for toilet use and not so hard access for food. Hopefully in a year I can ditch the crate. I still don't trust this 1yo oversized termite unsupervised.

Nah, not something I want in sight and I use the top of the crate as another shelf i.e. linens and clothes go there for quick use. I think the medium size bag that will fit between the half bath toilet and the linen closet within will be ideal. Out of the way for toilet use and not so hard access for food. Hopefully in a year I can ditch the crate. I still don't trust this 1yo oversized termite unsupervised.
Keep the crate! I'm thinking I need one for my 9 year old because she has started being a problem when we go to town.

She enjoys it and goes in the one in the RV and the house on her own. I've used crates on all my dogs and understand the den concept. It just takes up a bit of space and blocks drawers but it's fine.

I envy those who need only one pet food container! One of our two Schnauzers requires a prescription food to deal with a liver issue and both need a supplemental "dental" food to deal with tooth tartar buildup (a Schnauzer issue). Plus, we need somewhere to keep the "puppy biscuit" treats. That's four containers!!!

TJ

Latest resources

Back