Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Pet peeves!

Welcome to our community

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Kevin D Pem

RVF 5K Club
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
5,933
Location
AZ
RV Year
1984
RV Make
Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
Biggest peeve is intros that have a question. Honestly? I try not answering them. They are the easiest for me to ignore because most of them get responses in the form of welcome to the forum. I seldom answer them because of all the notifications they produce.

On the same premise, I avoid posting on questions that don't give me an idea what they're about. I have a hard time remembering how or what I engaged in. That title should answer that for me.

The older I get the more valuable My time is! so I look for ways to make My battles easier to choose.

Also I like one question per post! The extra time figuring out what is being answered by the responders is time I can help someone else that values My time!

This is only posted to help people realize the way to get answers more productively, not to criticize.
 
I completely understand where you’re coming from. Clear titles and a focused question definitely make it easier for people to know what a post is about and decide whether they can contribute. And I agree that as time becomes more valuable, you naturally become more selective about where you spend it.
I also like the point about one question per post. It keeps the discussion organized and makes the answers much easier to follow later. Definitely good advice rather than criticism small changes like that can make a forum much more enjoyable and productive for everyone.
 
I completely understand where you’re coming from. Clear titles and a focused question definitely make it easier for people to know what a post is about and decide whether they can contribute. And I agree that as time becomes more valuable, you naturally become more selective about where you spend it.
I also like the point about one question per post. It keeps the discussion organized and makes the answers much easier to follow later. Definitely good advice rather than criticism small changes like that can make a forum much more enjoyable and productive for everyone.
Photographs are also a big help. When you can take a picture and point out the thingamajiggy you want to know about sure makes it easier for those that might be able to help understand what the user is talking about.
 

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom