• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Alfred

RVF Newbee
Hello Everybody,

I made a reservation for a few days this coming week at a campground that my wife and I have stayed at many times.
This campground was an old family owned park for many years but was recently sold and is now one of the big chain campgrounds.
After my wife made the reservation I was sent an email with seven pages of forms to sign most of which don't apply.
However one of them is an "Image and Audio Release" which they say is required.

Has anyone had experience with this before, can a campground deny your stay because you refuse to sign something like this?

Thanks

I've never seen a photographic waiver for staying at a campground, but I would expect that they can deny your stay if you don't sign it. They are a private business and can make up their rules. You obviously have the choice to stay there or not if you don't like their rules.

Yes, I stayed at one campground that had the photographic waiver. I was tolsd to get out of view when I saw athe camera. When I camp, it is usually to get away. I don't want my picture published.

Doesn't seem like you should have to sign away your privacy just to camp for a few nights.
This is the kind of things that takes the fun away.

If you happen to be scheduling your stay during the same day or two that the campground may be having photos taken for a website or other advertisement, this really isn’t that unusual. It’s much easier for the CG to get waivers from everyone staying during that time than to have to work around everyone there and know who signed and who didn’t.

That said, I’d offer that they should be providing a discounted rate for those who may have their image and likeness used in materials to promote the business.

It’s three paragraphs long and I have to initial each one.

The first one gives my consent for them to do whatever they want.

The second is acknowledgement that it’s solely for the benefit of them.

The third releases them forever from any liability that could come from them taking my picture.

And then I have to list the names of everyone in my party

It’s three paragraphs long and I have to initial each one.

The first one gives my consent for them to do whatever they want.

The second is acknowledgement that it’s solely for the benefit of them.

The third releases them forever from any liability that could come from them taking my picture.

And then I have to list the names of everyone in my party
Hehe. No thanks.

Latest resources

Back