Engine
450 HP ISL
TOW/TOAD
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 x 4 Limited
Fulltimer
No
Test of adding picture.
IMG_0956.JPEG

Well, it worked just fine. Good looking coach, too! But, where’s the Nautilus? ;)

TJ

TJ, this picture was taken last fall at Disney's Fort Wilderness. You might see a black MKX behind the golf cart? We picked up the Nautilus on 12/29/2020.

We had to wait three weeks for the tow plates to be manufactured. We took the coach and Nautilus to the installer today to finalize the install. We found we need a 2" to 4" drop hitch to keep the tow bar level with the ground to avoid binding. The drop hitch should be in tomorrow. Then we will be towing the nautilus for the first time. Another thing that you may run into with the Nautilus is a battery disconnect is required. Per out installers, with no power to the toad there is no power to a small computer located in each tail light assembly or in that general area. Our installer had to run a hot wire from the coach to the toad tail lights to achieve proper functionality.

We're leaving St. Augustine on April 6th for 5 months. We have not been out West past Missouri. We are heading up to Norfolk, VA, North Carolina Mountains, St. Louis, Amana, IA, Rochester, MN, Spearfish, SD, Whitefish, MT, Island park, ID, Dubois, WY, Colorado Springs, Oklahoma City, Red Bay, AL, Stone Mountain, GA, Gaffney, SC, Savannah, GA then home.

Paul

OK...I see it back there. Our install appointment is April 19. Our installers are pretty experienced, but I will mention the taillight issue to them. Thanks for the tip.

If you are going to Whitefish, you will likely go right past our place in Polson; south end of Flathead Lake. Beautiful country.

TJ

I thought I saw some of your earlier posts about Polson. In early January we tried to get in but was told the owners have the month to make reservations. That's cool. We got reservations at Elkhorn Ridge Resort, then a week or so ago Polson Motorcoach Resort called to let us know they had a cancelation. We chose to stay with the Elkhorn reservations even though Polson looked like an awesome resort.
Maybe next time.

Paul

Latest resources

Back