Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Someone here, not naming names, cough @ARD got me into Pickleball. As a former tennis player and also enjoying schwaking balls such as racket ball, ping pong, etc. I have to admin I'm enjoying learning this new sport. It is certainly great to get me out of my coach, gets some exercise and I even have get to talk to people.

PB players, which paddle(s) do you own and what do you like about them?

I started with the Selkirk Amped which supposedly is a good paddle, I'm too new to know but it feels a bit like a board vs. something with a sweet spot.

I just got a ONIX Graphite Z5 and played a few matches with it and love it! Really like the sweet spot feel.

I've been playing for about a year and really enjoy it. Naples is sort of the Pickleball Capital of the World:

I have the Selkirk Amped Epic. After trying several styles, models and weights, this seemed to have the best feel. At my skill level, I'm not sure the paddle makes a whole lot of difference...

I'd love to demo various paddles and get a feel for the difference in them. Definitely tell a difference in my two. I need to get back to Naples again soon.

Play both tennis and pickle. Knee replacement in Feb then back to the courts. Look forward to getting back. I have an onix z5 as well.

Me and Doris have been playing with Gama Atomic for over 2 years. I like the no raised edge design and the sound of carbon fiber paddle.

I really like the sweet spot on my Onix Z5 but wanted to see what Selkirk had with a larger sweet spot. I learned of the S2 having the largest sweet spot and was lucky there is a Selkirk rep at Palm Creek. I demo'd the paddle and loved it. Bought one from him and it's by far best of the 3 that I own. I absolutely love this paddle. Ideal weight, great sweet spot, etc. I have the medium weight which is recommended for men. I could not be happier with this paddle.

s2paddle.png

I really like the sweet spot on my Onix Z5 but wanted to see what Selkirk had with a larger sweet spot. I learned of the S2 having the largest sweet spot and was lucky there is a Selkirk rep at Palm Creek. I demo'd the paddle and loved it. Bought one from him and it's by far best of the 3 that I own. I absolutely love this paddle. Ideal weight, great sweet spot, etc. I have the medium weight which is recommended for men. I could not be happier with this paddle.

Enjoy your new paddle...sounds like you are getting quite serious about pickleball! What percentage of the CG where you've stayed have courts? Are you finding it easy to get into games?

Enjoy your new paddle...sounds like you are getting quite serious about pickleball! What percentage of the CG where you've stayed have courts? Are you finding it easy to get into games?

I've always been into racket sports. I can play PB all day long. As to who has courts I'm not sure because I never paid much attention to it. I think most of the owner type locations have it, snowbird locations and then there are local places to play as @ARD and I played with the locals in Ruidoso. There are apps to find places to play and you pay a small fee to play. My S&B community converted some of the tennis courts to PB. I never really heard who plays but when I get back I'll be checking into it. If only my knees weren't "tennis'd" out. Painful but I just play through it.

PB is tough on the knees.

@Neal ...We are about to finish our month-long stay at Hearthside Grove and the pickleball has been great. Hearthside Grove has two courts along with organized drop-in matches 2-3 times a week. Also, the high school has 10 courts and has drop-in matches every morning...it is about 10 minutes from the resort.

Latest resources

Back