Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
I went and ordered a portable ice maker last wee and we got it in Friday. Cleaned it out, let is sit for an hour as prescribed by the manual the turned it on to check it out. In about 15 min we had our first batch of is. A little thin, but usable. The next batch was better. Nice size for drinks and nearly automatic. Just keep it full with water. If water empties, it shuts off. If the ice tray is full it shuts off, empty the tray, it starts back up again. Giving the endurance test And have had it running for 24hrs. No problems so far.

53A53FED-8545-4984-8B3D-B5DE3B6CB024.jpeg

I think a better item to test would be an ice cream maker. Jus'sayin! :)

The one we have is a cheaper model, it makes ice but doesn't keep ice. We like it though and it fits perfectly under the bed when storing.

Yup, got one. We let the first couple of loads melt back into the water to help cool the cabinet down. We fill vacuum bottles with the ice to keep the ice for a day or two and shut it off after the bottles are filled. Letting the first couple of loads melt saves about 2 hrs of required production in the long run.

The larger older units that use more power, make the ice much faster. Had three of them over the years and wish I had the original still, got rid of it to save energy:cry:

We got the Opal ice maker (actually it was a gift to me from my mom) a couple years ago and I absolutely loved that thing. But then it broke and nothing has fixed it. We haven't replaced it but I miss my ice.
But that's a bigger one than I think would be suitable for most RVers. We used it for home use.

Latest resources

Back