• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LSG

RVF Regular
Looking at the Coleman 285 got any better ideas

im struggling though I want something smaller But bigger.
ok I have this very old portable grill it’s got a tall lid that’s hinged so it has two racks. It can’t weight six or seven pounds it’s regulator must be failing and the heating grid is starting to rust through. Oh well the handles are broken one of the latches doesn’t work I have a wood screw through one of the hinges and the legs are falling out of there socket other than that it’s like new:) So it’s time.

nothing seems to have two racks and there either cheap crap or three times the weight. its kind of funny this was a thirty dollar Walmart grill I bought fifteen plus years ago. Today at $250 I can’t get as much grill in the same size. I’m starting to sound like one of them old farts complaining that they don’t make em like they used to. Granted the Coleman 285 has a lot more features but no more cooking space and it’s ten times the weight and space.

Life is for sure interesting. My best friend passed away unexectedly a month ago. I spent yesterday helping his wife deal with his stuff. She’s piling stuff in a trash pile and shes stuffed a grill in that pile. Its a Fairly new Black stone 22 inch griddle. So i brought i home and fired it off cooked a huge breakfast on it this morning. While it’s not a smoky BBQ flavor I’m looking for its got some functions I can work with Ill just use my old grill until it just wont work any more I might spring for a new regulator so it makes more controlled heat. But between the big camp stove the blackstone and my little old grill I’m pretty well covered and i have a backup if the old grill dies on a road trip.

We travel with a Weber Q grill which has been converted to run from regular (can no longer use the little green bottles) LP tanks. The Weber Q has been the best "travel" grill we've had in our years of RVing.

Safe Travels.

I travel with the Blackstone Tailgater. It's half grill and half griddle. I LOVE this thing!!! :) (y)

I like the Nexgrill which is rated at 20000 btu's. Can also turn it down low to cook really slow. I do put aluminum foil on the drip plate and flavor bars for easier cleaning

We use the weber Q1200 propane, with a quick disconnect on our coach propane tank. Setup is very easy.

We use the Weber Q1200 as well. Its light weight, good quality and stores perfectly in a plastic storage bin in the basement of our Ventana LE.

Latest resources

Back