Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
@FLSteve I am having trouble with my jacks too, but a little different than your issue so posting in a separate thread. After driving a particularly terrible, damaged road, I tried to level my coach once I arrived at the campground. The jack pad said all the jacks were down, but the 2 front jacks were only partially down.

Newmar and HWH called me and of course, my coach auto leveled like a superstar. I left my coach overnight to visit some friends and when I returned, my coach was not level. My jack pad indicated all the jacks were down so I manually raised the rear jacks to level and it made a horrible sound so I stopped and went outside to visually inspect. My 2 front jacks were not down. They raised up on their own, yet the jack pad said they were down.

We (Newmar, Transwest and I) decided on our second call to wait to try to diagnose once I got to Transwest as I was in Granby with no available mobile techs in the event I got stuck up there. Hopefully, I will know something tomorrow.

Thanks @J&JD for posting video on @FLSteve's thread. I'll have them check the level box and sensors too.

I suspect the pressure sensor is bad. I have replaced a number of these on my previous dutch star. It's very easy.

You might inquire about buying a spare....and I am going to do the same now that I thought of it.

I suspect the pressure sensor is bad. I have replaced a number of these on my previous dutch star. It's very easy.

You might inquire about buying a spare....and I am going to do the same now that I thought of it.
Thanks @redbaron! Will do exactly that.

MY jack system has been a little wonky lately as well. On a couple of occasions upon leveling in Auto Mode only three jacks deployed and I only got three lights along with a slope exceeded light. I put a block or two under the jacks on the low side or end and retry in auto mode and it works just fine??? I will just watch it and see if it continues to be problematic before I get too worried about it.

Latest resources

Back