RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
I had vent window fog up that Suncoast in Hudson Fl. had previously repaired. Rather than deal with them again (after 5 times there trying to get issues fixed) I purchased one from Newmar. I kept the old one, and remembered reading on line of someone buying the sealing tape and doing it themselves, so I figured I'd give it a try. Anyone know an outlet to get the spacer/sealing tape?

I had vent window fog up that Suncoast in Hudson Fl. had previously repaired. Rather than deal with them again (after 5 times there trying to get issues fixed) I purchased one from Newmar. I kept the old one, and remembered reading on line of someone buying the sealing tape and doing it themselves, so I figured I'd give it a try. Anyone know an outlet to get the spacer/sealing tape?
No, but I did it with an older MH I owned at one time.. Bought the argon (?) gas to fill the space with, and I just wasn't successful. That's not to say you won't be successful, or that you shouldn't try, just saying I wouldn't do it again.

To many other areas I can fail at with less the effort. . .

I have done this and you are looking for butyl tape to seal window back in. This is what my windows were installed with from the factory. Our rig is older 2007 so sealers may have changed.

No, looking for the spacer/seal between the dual pane windows. I'm pretty sure Suncoast doesn't fill the space with argon, but I could be wrong.

Thx, I may tackle this after we get home in a couple months.

Latest resources

Back