Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JimH

RVF Newbee
My lites in my 5th wheel flicker, go dim or just turn off by themselves, and later turn back on. Any suggestions???

Could be anything from a bad park power pedestal to loose wires in the RV power panel. What have you checked in an attempt to narrow it down?

TJ

When things flicker and then go out, it is usually an indication of a poor connection (loose wire, bad breaker contacts, etc.) that heats up and pulls away, opening the circuit. When it cools down, it returns to its original position and makes electrical contact once again.

TJ

The lights should be 12V. That tells me that you need to look at the battery terminals and/or trace the cables to where the accessories connect. Look for loose or dirty connections. Sometimes even a clean looking connection can have issues.

The lights should be 12V. That tells me that you need to look at the battery terminals and/or trace the cables to where the accessories connect. Look for loose or dirty connections. Sometimes even a clean looking connection can have issues.
Also look for an auto reset breaker. You say the pedestal power is good. You don't tell us how old the rig is or if the batteries are still good. My lights flicker when my water pump runs. This of course is my fault and will soon be fixed. But I could see such a load maybe tripping an auto reset breaker then go out for a bit and come back on.

Latest resources

Back