• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bcorley

RVF Newbee
Hello All

I am having an electrical problem in my 99 Coachmen Santara and hoping someone can help. When plugged into shore power, none of my GFI outlets work nor does the microwave or outlets in the bays. All non GFI outlets have power as does the rear AC. When I switch to my generator, everything flips. All GFI outlets work but none of the other outlets and only the front AC works. I have checked all the outlets and fuses. The current transfer switch is a ES50M-65N and I believe the original. This just began last weekend.

We bought this 5 years ago from the original owner as a trial to RVing and have since used it often.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to RVForums @Bcorley. It sounds like you're on a treasure hunt and you need to find the GFI outlet with the reset button. It may have failed or simply needs to be reset. This is far too common of a problem in RV's. Hope you can find it.

The generator is the primary and "switches" to shore power when plugged in. All output from the transfer switch to the breaker panel is the same wiring.

Latest resources

Back