Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jbotsford

RVF Newbee
I have a 2020 Sierra 321RL 5th wheel and I have to continually reset the power supply under the steps because it loses connection.

When this happens the only way to get it reset is to unplug the power supply and replug it in. Sometimes when I do this it begins to click and won’t reset until I unplug and and replug it again.

I replaced my batteries hoping that they were bad on this past Thursday. All was status quo until this morning and the connection to the power supply was lost again.

I turned the batteries off and unplugged the camper. Tested the batteries and they seem to have lost charge. The camper has been plugged in with the new batteries on the entire time so the batteries should have been maintained. ??

I’m looking for some advice regarding your thought as to whether I need a new power supply or is this a converter problem or????

Anyone out there having or has had this issue and know what the remedy is?

Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.

It would seem from what you have said that there may be an unknown draw on your battery system.
Here is a costless way to check. First fully charge your battery system. Next temporarily disconnect any continually monitoring system such as the gas sensor. Turn on your battery system and use a clamp on ammeter to measure any draw on the system. Your convertor may have an at rest minimal draw(check your owner manual for this) if there is any other significant draw, you could have a short in the system somewhere ir the convertor may be defective. If you are able to cut off power to the convertor do so and check with ammeter again. If there is a draw on the batteries either something you are nit aware of is turned on or a dead short us present somewhere.

I would check with Best Converter. Yes, your converter may be defective and is not charging the batteries or may actually be discharging the batteries.

Latest resources

Back