• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Pre-departure prep

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If you find your way to NC, stop by for a photo shoot. :)

Im about 3 weeks into mine. For a while it looked like I wouldnt be able to do it but all seems well, I was determined, and I’m enjoying being on the road again.

Today we are shopping for groceries for the first time during this trip (In Memphis now) and after another cup of coffee, Im going up on the roof to try to fix an air conditioner.

Neal, check out my new post on the fridge door water dispenser - sounds like you could possibly run into the same issue in a few weeks.

Friday I leave for a several month trip. This means Thursday I go grocery shopping like I'm not leaving the coach for 4 months.
Neal;
Will you be attending the "International" in Rock Springs, Wyoming, July 16th-23rd?
We leave tomorrow, for it, and then a trip around Ne, SD, ND, Mt, & Wy. Gone 65 days, a long trip for us.... but a short one compared to yours!:)
Have fun, be safe!(y)

If you vacuum bag stuff prior to packing your coach's freezer you might want to go shopping a day or 2 earlier to give you time to break the bigger packages of meat down into smaller portions.
I do exactly that, hit Costco up for meats/fish and use my food saver
If you find your way to NC, stop by for a photo shoot. :)
I'm figuring out how to get there, if I can swing through on the route home I'll be there.

Neal;
Will you be attending the "International" in Rock Springs, Wyoming, July 16th-23rd?
We leave tomorrow, for it, and then a trip around Ne, SD, ND, Mt, & Wy. Gone 65 days, a long trip for us.... but a short one compared to yours!:)
Have fun, be safe!(y)
No, no rallies on the horizon right now. This is a pleasure trip with Newmar as stop 2 to fix damage they caused during my last windshield repair and no one fessed up. Lesson learned, inspect carefully after a service visit. I had two gouges someone let a grinder get away from them that cut several inches into my fiberglass in two places. I (had) blind faith in Newmar but no more, will inspect carefully and may take pics of my coach before I give it to them as a routine as well. I intend to give them fuel/campground receipts too for traveling there, will see how well that's received.

They bumped into my coach with a golf cart and again, no one fessed up. I didn’t notice the damage until days later as it was minor, but significant enough that it wont “rub out”. Maybe they take care of it, maybe not. So, yes, Id take pics of every side and corner.

Hi Neal:
We are Leaving leaving July 10th for a two month trip. We had friends that were pilots and they always go to the air show in Oshkosh every year. We would hook up with them and leave for Petoskey MI, for a week of glamping at the edge of Lake Michigan. It was the Sun RV resort in Petoskey.

I am sure you will be posting on the board, I should be hitting the Rockies at the end of July.

Safe travels, we will start packing in about a week.

Tried it. Got no love.:cry:
I'll hold myself hostage, post ransom, see how that works. Or maybe I'll have Elli hold me hostage...still working on the story.

Well, 6 months of food is on board for the 3-4 month trip. I'm amazed how I was able to put all this stuff away and I still have overhead storage free. I don't know why I decided to move nearly my entire house pantry and frig/freezer into the coach, and I don't know why I have 4-6 bottles/jars of mayonnaise! Tomorrow morning I'll load clothes on board and head onward, first stop VA Beach.

You’ll also load a lot of clothes you’ll never wear, but its nice to have options and you have room for it, so why not?

Latest resources

Back