Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

goldenace

RVF Regular
I'll be getting a 5th Wheel next week. I am in an RV park (fulltime) and want to prepare for the upcoming winter. I plan to "skirt" the 5th wheel in the coming weeks and was curious what other members recommend. Should I opt for the vinyl skirting that snaps onto the 5th wheel or would "foam board" be the better option?
It won't be getting moved and I'm in an area (Idaho) that is 4 seasons any of which can be severe depending on the year.

Thanks in advance :)

I guess my first concern would be....does the fiver you are getting have heated holding tanks? Plus, you will probably need a heated water service hose plus some way to insulate your discharge pipe from freezing over prior to it going into the sewer inlet.

Since it isnt going to be moved any time soon, I would build the skirting with conventional framing, sheet/sheer with 3/8” plain siding, and then insulate it with R13 or better if you can. You could build in access doors as necessary, paint it, it would look decent, have the best possible insulating properties, and it could also serve as secure storage.

Latest resources

Back