Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ldemaline

RVF Newbee
We just purchase a 2021 Thor coach compass. We have no instructions on the privacy curtain for the windshield and the doors. Dealer didn’t know either. Hopefully someone can help.

OMG! Are you serious? You just bought a $X00,000.00 coach from a dealer and they couldn't or wouldn't (?) help you figure out how to operate the privacy curtain???? I would have walked away from the sale right then and there. You bought from the wrong dealer!!! I hope for your sake that you never need them to help you with a REAL problem! I think you'll be sadly disappointed. :confused:

We just purchase a 2021 Thor coach compass. We have no instructions on the privacy curtain for the windshield and the doors. Dealer didn’t know either. Hopefully someone can help.
The dealer I saw one at said it Velcro’s on. Look for Velcro tabs by windshield. I hope this helps. They said the screen was not the greatest setup out there.

Cool rig. And welcome to RV Forums. I agree that it's strange a dealer / salesperson wouldn't have access to that knowledge. But that being said, I wouldn't imagine its to hard to figure out. Are all the lighting and other controls digital?

I bought a 1973 trailer in 1990. The dealer(one of the few dealer purchases I have made) insisted on a walk thru. I know that most expect it but I tried to reject the offer. They said it was coming off their lot so I was gona get it.

Really I look at the experimentation adventure as half the benefits of a purchase. If there is paperwork with the rig I maul over it and cherish it as though it was the Constitution of the United States or something. That being said I enjoy the trip.

I bought a 1973 trailer in 1990. The dealer(one of the few dealer purchases I have made) insisted on a walk thru. I know that most expect it but I tried to reject the offer. They said it was coming off their lot so I was gona get it.

Really I look at the experimentation adventure as half the benefits of a purchase. If there is paperwork with the rig I maul over it and cherish it as though it was the Constitution of the United States or something. That being said I enjoy the trip.
I’ve got a compass on order and have found some Thor owner manuals online that are generic enough of shared components that when I get to a walkthrough in January I won’t be too ignorant of what they show me. Shakedown cruise on my way home will prep for future trips.

The curtain needs more velcro strips arounfdthe windshield to work - additional on curtain and on curtain itself

I suggest one 3-4 inch trip near rear view mirror and 4 others around windshield to keep it in place fits fine but falls off easily.

It's velcro tabs for a curtain heavier than the tabs supplied can support. We recently purchased a 2014 Thor Freedom Elite 26T and are planning on modifying the curtain. We're in the southwest, so a stock commercial reflector windshield cover and cutting down the Thor curtain to just cover the driver's and passengers window. This will allow the privacy to stay on place while accessing the cab doors and less weight on the velcro tabs installed by Thor.

Latest resources

Back