Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LewisK

RVF Newbee
I have a 2014 jayco toy hauler. Last week I suddenly couldn't get reception with my rv antenna. We haven't moved or anything like that. Cable that I can see looks fine. Put a outdoor antenna from Walmart up same thing. Any suggestions?

Did the antenna booster/amplifier get turned off? I had a similar issue on this trip. Found the problem when I disconnected the coax cable from the TV and the F connector fell off the cable.

Safe travels.

In my coach the booster has to be off for cable and on for the antenna. If it's powered make sure the unit is on or off depending on what you are using.

Do others where you are camped still have over-the-air reception or did theirs change also.

I have a 2014 jayco toy hauler. Last week I suddenly couldn't get reception with my rv antenna. We haven't moved or anything like that. Cable that I can see looks fine. Put a outdoor antenna from Walmart up same thing. Any suggestions?
Probably need to trace your COAX and find any splitters. Sounds like either a booster is on (as mentioned above) or you've got a loose or disconnected cable somewhere. Be sure to also check the connection at the back of the TV and if you need to change the TV option between Cable and Antenna and do a scan for channels that is something to remember as well.

Latest resources

Back