Roadtrek
RV Model
210 popular
RV Length
Chassis
Chevy
Fulltimer
No
When I turn on the valve I can smell gas. Have attempted to find the source but no luck. Does anyone have any issues or know about the life of the valve?

OK, but WHERE exactly, do you smell the gas? At the valve/regulator? In the coach? Does your propane alarm get triggered?

Roger

OK, but WHERE exactly, do you smell the gas? At the valve/regulator? In the coach? Does your propane alarm get triggered?

Roger
At the valve area. The reason I wondered if the valves have a life. Coach is 2008, but only has 30k. miles and was not used that much.

OK. I too, have experienced the same. There's a small vent on the regulator that vents a little gas when you turn it on. There's also an auto shutoff valve in there that will completely halt gas flow if a hose ruptures or breaks, or occasionally if you turn the gas on too fast.
I wouldn't worry about it unless you come back ten minutes later and still smell it. Then, investigate for a leak.

Roger

I would check all fittings at the tanks with soapy water. One time I found a pinhole in one of my lines and another time a leak in the regulator.

I check that and all the fittings as far as I can reach with soapy water about once a year.

Latest resources

Back