RV Model
3456RL
RV Length
40’
TOW/TOAD
2017 F-250 w/airlift bags
Fulltimer
Yes
My propane safety panel has erratically started beeping and flashing red light. Hit the test button and it clears for a day or two then repeats. Now I cannot get the furnace to operate. If alarm/monitor is defective will this prevent furnace operation? Propane to stove works fine.

Some monitors will have an electric solenoid valve right at the tanks. If the monitor senses an unsafe condition or if the monitor fails they will close the solenoid valve blocking propane. See if you have an electric valve at the tank. Another thing to check would be if you actually have propane. May be a weird coincinence, but it can happen.

No, if you read my post I stated I had propane at my stove, so that’s not the problem.

Well then, I must have missed that. Now it means concentrate on the furnace. First thing: Do you hear anything when it tries to light like a clicking sound? If yes, then clean the burner and make sure the chamber is clean. If no, then make sure there is nothing shorting the spark rod to the burner and that the spark rod is clean and about 1/8" from the burner. All you should need is a screwdriver and a 1/4" nut driver to pull the burner and spark rod. Start with that and see what happens.

My propane safety panel has erratically started beeping and flashing red light. Hit the test button and it clears for a day or two then repeats. Now I cannot get the furnace to operate. If alarm/monitor is defective will this prevent furnace operation? Propane to stove works fine.
If ya read the fine print it says replace every 60 Month's. Just had to replace both of mine cause they are wired, I swear, to make you spend $180.00 for both!! Now you would think that today's technology would make them suckers last for 10 years! If you can find them! Had to buy 1 flush mount which was available. Waiting now for a Month for surface mount.

Find something on a rv reasonably priced and I’ll wet my pants!! Now it’s not just the price but IF/WHEN it will be available? Got 3 big RV stores across the highway from me. I’ll see if any of them have one, then go Amazon (love/hate) relationship !!

Latest resources

Back