Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Posting this in the Tiffin Forum, although it's probably not unique to the Tiffin. But on my main table and on a couple of other counter tops, there is this rather unsightly film cover. At least, I think it's a film cover. I'm a little reluctant to try to remove it as I don't want to get half way through and find out the rest won't come off.

Anyhow, some of the counters have it and some don't. I'm not sure what the purpose was for it being applied selectivly, but (IMO) it sure is ugly. Picture 1 shows a counter without the cover, picture 2 shows a counter with it. Anyone know the reasoning behind this? And has anyone made an attempt to remove it?

Attachments

• DSC02981.JPG
    DSC02981.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 31
  • DSC02985.JPG
    DSC02985.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 30
This almost looks like a protective film installed by a manufacturer for shipment that should have been removed by the delivery team? That aside, once you determine what the surface is; corian, marble, plastic, etc. you can search for the appropriate method or solvent to remove the film. A heat gun usually works to loosen the adhesive that binds these materials, then the work begins removing residual adhesive. Best of luck with this project. If in fact it is a 'Diamond Shield' type product there is much discussion about removal.

Latest resources

Back