Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
@TJ&LadyDi suggested this then removed it. Bad! It's a great suggestion so I'm adding it again. Some car models these days offer lights in the mirrors that illuminate when someone is along side of you or maybe even approaching. The right side of a motorhome is extremely high risk for blind spots unless you have your mirrors dialed in, which I finally do, but I still am on extreme alert for right side vehicles.

Please consider mirror light indicators for proximity warnings for safer driving.

I have them on my Ford Explorer and like the added feature. Are you saying you can buy mirrors for an older coach that have this feature ? A modification ? Just curious...

BLIS (blind spot montering) can be bought as a universal install stand alone system for $300-$500.

Well worth the money IMO.

The Camera in the Newmar Canyon Star can be set to show any of the views,. I choose the passenger side camera view, at times when in heavy traffic or urban areas with lots of lane cutters. I use this camera to highlight folks that like to hang in the passenger side blind spot.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that this is the Newmar suggestions forum and on the right side of the original post (OP) is a vote button. Up arrow if you like the idea and want to see it, down arrow if you don't agree with the suggestion. Replies are fine and welcome, just reminding the gang of the forum feature that allows voting on posts such as these ideas. Posts with more votes may standout to Newmar for action.

@TJ&LadyDi suggested this then removed it. Bad! It's a great suggestion so I'm adding it again. Some car models these days offer lights in the mirrors that illuminate when someone is along side of you or maybe even approaching. The right side of a motorhome is extremely high risk for blind spots unless you have your mirrors dialed in, which I finally do, but I still am on extreme alert for right side vehicles.

Please consider mirror light indicators for proximity warnings for safer driving.
I have been asking Saundra to be my monitor ;) however This is going to change. We Picked up an older 1 ton flatbed to haul the fifth. Saundra will be hauling the cargo behind the RAM and I the fifth. We will no longer be riding together when we move so this sounds like a good investment.

Just a little story. While we were getting the book work completed on the purchase a Tractor Trailer rig past us. On the back were printed two arrows. The one on the drivers side said passing-side, the one on the passenger side said sui-sideo_O.

I personally like to scare people into submission. When I need to change lanes, I act drunk, and go all over the road (my lane of course), most of the time this has them giving me space so I can change lanes safely.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back