Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How To PSSST! Newell or not...FIND your Air Leaks!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CaptainGizmo

RVF Expert
SoCal...relax, we're one of the good ones! ;-)
RV Year
RV Make
Newell
RV Model
2020P
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor w/AF1 Braking
Fulltimer
No
If you've got a Class A, you've got an air system. And, if you've got an air system, you're gonna have air leaks...eventually...especially on a Newell which has over a hundred airline fittings!

I researched and tried a couple Ultrasonic Leak Detectors, and wound up spending the money on this one. Made a video to show everyone and explain how it's used. It's one of those tools that hurts when you buy it; because you hope you won't ever use it, but know you will. :rolleyes:

Anyway, hope this video helps many. Comments and feedback not just welcomed, but appreciated!

very good documentry. This is a tool I will need to add to my coach. Never even knew this existed. Thanks you!

very good documentry. This is a tool I will need to add to my coach. Never even knew this existed. Thanks you!

Yes, Ronnie…it’s DEFINITELY a Must-Have for your new LADP toolbox!

The one I bought also came with a device that gives out an ultrasonic sound so I could find leaks in areas like door and slide out seals. For example, I put the ultrasonic device in the basement and then ran the ultrasonic sniffer around the outside of the doors to see if adjustments needed to be made for a better seal. I also put it on the dash and then went in the generator compartment below it to find any leaks. The sniffer detected a couple spots and I just took a can of spray foam, gave it a shot and the sniffer could no longer detect a place where bugs, campfire smoke, wind noise while driving, etc could possibly enter the inside. On the pressurized air leak side of things, these are amazing what they can find. I also found out the cheapest ones don’t work very well.

Latest resources

Back