• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

denisef

RVF Newbee
Hi,
I have a 2016 Winnebago Navion diesel, powered by a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis. Has anyone tried to dingy tow vehicle with this or something equivilant?

It's a small RV-25' and I feel like it is underpowered already but I'm trying to squeeze a little more life out of it for our family of 5 by towing a vehicle along...to get some extra space and easier to get around.

Any thoughts or experience on towing with this vehicle?

Thanks,
Denise

If you feel like it’s underpowered already, how could you tow another 3000+ pounds?

We have a Forest River 2290s and flat tow a Chevy Spark. It is fine. We did flat tow a Honda Accord but decided to get a lighter vehicle.

We towed a 2014 Honda CR-V behind our 2014 Forest River Solera on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis for a couple of years and it was fine. On long, difficult grades we might get down to 40 MPH, but you just have to be patient. We never felt the coach was “under-powered,” but it definitely wasn’t a powerhouse either.

TJ

Someplace in your owners manual you should find the towing capacity of your RV. If the vehicle you wish to tow is within the capacity you should not have a problem.

Not sure if this is your model, it says tow capacity is 5000 lbs. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back