Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
We're planning a trip in November to Lost Maples (i scored a VERY difficult-to-obtain reservation during their peak fall foliage season šŸ˜).
I plotted the route, and realized we did that same route in March when we visited Fredericksbur. Ugh....th4 route plotted by tripwizard throigh San Antonio was a bit difficult - especially in the "beacon Hill" area, if I recall correctly.
I was wondering if anyone has been through there and could suggest a better route.
1655305268095.png
1655305527300.png

We take 46 from Seguin to New Braunfels to Boerne. It will longer and try to avoid the busy morning and afternoon traffic times. Congratulations on your reservation. Indeed, very hard to obtain.

We take 46 from Seguin to New Braunfels to Boerne. It will longer and try to avoid the busy morning and afternoon traffic times. Congratulations on your reservation. Indeed, very hard to obtain.
Thank you! I'm going to reroute that way. I don't care if it does take longer. It was difficult getting through SA in March, even in low traffic times - acrobatic lane changing to hit the correct exits.
yes I was surprised to get that reservation in mid November.

Traffic through New Braunfels has gotten horrendous. Personally, I would deal with the lane chargers and speeders on I10 than the stop and go, and it's a lot of stop in NB. I would like to know when the nonbusy time is in NB. We have outgrown our infrastructure so the traffic is on two lanes when it should be 3 lanes. I live at Canyon Lake so unless Mague knows a secret I don't , take I10.

Traffic through New Braunfels has gotten horrendous. Personally, I would deal with the lane chargers and speeders on I10 than the stop and go, and it's a lot of stop in NB. I would like to know when the nonbusy time is in NB. We have outgrown our infrastructure so the traffic is on two lanes when it should be 3 lanes. I live at Canyon Lake so unless Mague knows a secret I don't , take I10.
Through SA? ugh.... But I hear you - I'll get on Google earth and take a look.

If you really want to stay out of the city take Loop 1604. It's a an easy drive around the city.

If you really want to stay out of the city take Loop 1604. It's a an easy drive around the city.
South around? or North? (it gets another name in the north). That sounds good - checking Earth

Makes sense - looking at Google Earth, I'd expect them to be finishing up that section just north of 10, making it freeway.

I would think that most of the traffic would be on the northern side of SAT plus you have the Austin traffic to deal with.

I do know in DFW every time we head east we drop all the way down to I-20 in FTW then across the metroplex it is easily the lesser of the evils.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back