Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Hi y'all, we placed our down payment on the 2022 Newmar Ventana 3709 but now I'm thinking that we would like the 4037? Does anyone have the knowledge on the differences and post opinions please...

Basically, 3’ in length with a slightly larger living area, slightly wider hide-a-bed, slightly larger pantry and a couple of other small interior tweaks. You will probably also gain some additional under-coach storage; either an additional storage compartment or an enlargement of one of the existing compartments.

Have you gone here…

…and done a side-by-side comparison?

Other than length and some small interior tweaks, it is pretty much the same coach.

TJ

I believe with the 40' models you get the tag axle which would be a handling benefit.

Stang37 is correct. The 40' has a tag axle. It also increases HP from 360 to 400, and increases towing capacity from 5,000 up to 15,000 (depending on how you load it). Having had a 37' of a different make for years, I'm looking forward to moving to tag axle for improved handling and towing capacity. So while the interior may be very similar, the chassis and engine is different (regardless of Spartan or Freightliner choice).

Thanks everyone, we've gone ahead and ordered the 4037. Pretty exciting. It's our first RV (after spending years borrowing the folks coach). I'll keep you posted and definitely show pics once delivered.

Thanks everyone, we've gone ahead and ordered the 4037. Pretty exciting. It's our first RV (after spending years borrowing the folks coach). I'll keep you posted and definitely show pics once delivered.
We are looking at either a new 2022 Ventana 4027 or a used 2018 4037, what do you think of your so far?
Brian

Also not just a HP bump to 400, but it has an ISL vs ISB (8.9L vs 6.7) with the same torque as the DS 450hp (1250lbft) and a 3 stage jake instead of a VGT engine brake. These are big differences in the capability of the vehicle and the ease with which it will handle grades, up and down. And the HP can be bumped up to 450 by Cummins for a reasonable fee with no impact on the warranty. Also it may not matter to you, but I like a longer couch and all the 37’ models are stuck with a 74” couch. So these are all reasons I would make the same decision if I wanted to go over 35’. Good choice!

Chassis specs:

Hi y'all, we placed our down payment on the 2022 Newmar Ventana 3709 but now I'm thinking that we would like the 4037? Does anyone have the knowledge on the differences and post opinions please...
There are a few key differences between the Ventana 3709 and 4037 models. The 3709 is shorter and has a smaller overall footprint, making it more maneuverable and easier to park in tight spots. It also has a lower starting price point. However, the 4037 offers more interior space and storage, as well as an optional second bathroom. It's also important to note that the 4037 is only available with a diesel engine, while the 3709 can be had with either a gas or diesel powertrain. Ultimately, it comes down to what your priorities are and what you're willing to sacrifice in order to get the features you want. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back