• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ikon is a nice unit, but don’t have experience with a recent model year.
Generally the Ikon, being a super c, will be noisier, have more road vibration but also have a better feel of the road than a typical class A.
I don’t know what mods Renegade makes to the chassis in recent Ikon builds, beyond the traditional frame extension. Our 2014 has a Cummins ISX15, which isn’t known to be a quiet purring sound.
Newer models with the DD engines, even at idle, are much quieter.
The biggest gripe I have read from those not happy is that the front axle is spring, not air. You will feel bridge transitions and rough road.
Solidly built unit and appreciate the factory support - we stop by every year for any tweaks or items I don’t or cannot do myself.

If the ride luxury softness is your biggest concern, I would not get a super c.

If you are looking for a better ride from a super c test drive one of the Newmars.

The air ride cab makes a world of difference overall in the comfort driving down the road.

During our initial test drive the wife was on the couch with salesman and I in the cab. Those bridge transitions etc she said she could see the cab moving, air ride seats moving, but felt nothing back on the couch.

Our last trip we did 469 miles the last day and could have kept going it was that comfortable.

We have the Cummins engine and we can carry on a normal conversation on the highway. Can hear the engine but it is not bad at all.

When we picked it up, a friend that has a Fleetwood class A rode back with me and commented numerous times about how well it rode.

Didn’t test drive any of the Renegades so can’t compare but the ones we test drove without the air ride cab were not as comfortable.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back