Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

wizards8507

RVF Newbee
I have a 2018 Jayco pop-up and we're heading out for our first trip of the season tomorrow. The camper was left by a wood pile over the winter and some chipmunks got in. They tore through a bunch of insulation behind the refrigerator, but I can't figure out where the insulation came from.

It's all clean now and I'll figure out how to prevent the rodents in the future, but my time sensitive question (since we're leaving tomorrow) is whether it is safe to use the refrigerator with that insulation missing. The camper has a propane furnace and the refrigerator can run on propane as well, but we only plan to use it on 120V electric. I imagine the insulation came from the furnace system but can't be sure.

Insulation if from the fridge is used to keep the thinks cool inside. You should be fine Just the fridge will run more.

In the short term, I think you are fine. Eventually, you should try to determine the location and extent of the rodent damage and replace the insulation. Check any electrical wires in the area as well; rodents like to chew on insulation and bare wires can lead to problems..

TJ

Latest resources

Back