• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Quick Help! Black Tank Vent Issue

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
screen caps over the … heater vents I think…. to keep wasps out.

I did this on my first trailer. I have been meaning to do iton the MH and haven’t gotten to it. I put them on the A/C units, the front engine grill and air intakes. Critters of many sorts can create problems.

screen caps over the … heater vents I think…. to keep wasps out.

I did this on my first trailer. I have been meaning to do iton the MH and haven’t gotten to it. I put them on the A/C units, the front engine grill and air intakes. Critters of many sorts can create problems.
I thought about putting screen covers on the vents up on the roof. Probably a good idea.

Help! OMG!!! All of a sudden the black tank vent is leaking fumes inside our RV. We thought it was coming up from the toilet when we would flush. But I've tracked the smell to the hallway closet next to the bathroom where the washer/dryer would be if we had one. We're using the closet for storage of towels etc. The black tank vent pipe is a black PVC pipe that goes up the wall of the closet to the roof. It has a "T" that send pipe into the bathroom side. I can't see exactly where it goes but I assume the toilet.

I climbed up to the roof to take a peek. There is a small wasp nest inside the pipe of the vent. It was blocking 3/4 of the pipe. Would that be enough to cause the fumes to back up inside the coach? I'm thinking of putting a water hose into the pipe and turning it on to see if the pipe is blocked. Is this OK? I don't want water to come pouring out inside the RV!! I'm assuming the water would go down the pipe and into the black tank, right?

Let me know what you think before I do something stupid.
No water should go anywhere except into the tank. If it comes out somewhere else, you may have a break in the pipe. I would definitely get rid of the wasp nest.

Latest resources

Back