Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TheDuke666

RVF Newbee
On my 2023 Entegra Vision XL, I'm really concerned that something larger than a mouse can get in through the slide. I left my remote controls in a soft basket over the fireplace. I came back a few days later and the basket was on the floor, squished under the edge of the slide. The remotes are missing. Just based on location, it would almost seem that the basket was knocked off WHILE THE SLIDE WAS IN - BY A RODENT - and then got wedged under the slide as I opened it. If this sounds stupid to anyone, on the Thor Quantum KW29 I traded in for this Entegra, I had a raccoon get in through a 8" square hole in the under-carriage - it pushed a drawer open from the rear and had full roam of the interior all winter. Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited:
If there are any rodents, they leave lots of droppings.

If there are any rodents, they leave lots of droppings.
Thanks for the response. Oh, I know. Back to the prior Thor, I saw the raccoon's footprints everywhere, lots of fur left in the basement space above the 8" square manufacturing access hole, but only 5 individual feces. I got incredibly lucky. Back to current problems, I simply cannot explain the knocked over basket and missing remotes - afraid they're lost under the dinette slide, unreachable.

Latest resources

Back