Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Cheryl and Steve

RVF Newbee
We have a 2000 Daman 39' diesel pusher that we were having some overheating problems with and the coolant fluid appeared sluggy, and black like oil was mixing in. Mechanic determined we needed a new radiator. It is a side mounted radiator and I'm sure previously when you looked in the compartment, the outer most thing that you saw was the radiator. Now, since it's been replaced the outer most thing is the oil cooler. And every time we try to take it for a test drive if blows the O-ring at the fan motor (Hydraulic pump), three times now. They keep trying replacing things on they hydraulic system but could it be the placement of the radiator? Thanks for your help! We've been living in their parking lot for 6 weeks now!

There are return lines for that O ring. There may be a clog. Cheap to check out. I had that happen on a diesel I owned years ago. We must have replaced a seal it blowing 4-5 times, finally on a Sunday I took it apart and found the return line plugged with silicone from gaskets that were changed.

Did you ever get this fixed??

Latest resources

Back