Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I did a Rails to Trails with @ARD and @NWIP in Montana, it was fun, I'm not going to even try to spell the name of the one we did! My Virginia is for Lovers newsletter came to my inbox today and it mentioned rails to trails in Virginia. Cool, I'll have to explore.

If you know rails to trails locations please reply and add to this thread.

Here is one we did, I think it was called the Cumberland Gap. Goes from Pittsburgh to Cumberland following the river. We did a 4 day trip with a group, camping along the way. The group host made the arrangements to have your tent/gear ready for you at the campground and made dinner and breakfast each day. You biked at your own pace, didn’t have to stay with the group except through Pittsburgh. We wanted to do it again, but never got the chance before we moved.

GAP Trail

Last edited:
I live near the Bizz Johnson Trail in California. It is an old railroad logging route.
25 miles, max 3% grade. Most of it follows the Susan River Canyon and is quite scenic, especially in the Fall with the color change.
Great for mountain bikes. A Forest Service campground is about halfway so you can do an out-and-back on one half, then do the other half the next day.

The TrailLink app does a nice job of showing all the trails wherever you may be heading. It provides a nice description and map of the trail. I use it to guide my travels.

Latest resources

Back