• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rant to purely vent

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Didn't mean to imply in my post that OP should be looking at Independent shops. Just sharing my rant that no company seems to want my business these days. Having the same problem trying to find someone to do some work on our house and trying to get a warranty fix on my truck cannopy.
I don’t know about that. I had to buy two batteries and repair my cables myself after Ford agreed they owed me two new batteries and a new harness. But it got so bad I had to do something and they simply wouldn’t cooperate.

Its their way - no honor, integrity, or ethics. So I bought high quality batteries (the ones they would have supplied “free” would be the same OE junk) and did the repairs myself. Sucks but that’s Ford these days.

My Toyota dealership, on the other hand, has been great.

On the lighter side, earlier this year, we were in Wisconsin having our furniture recovered at Bauer Upholstery. As we were cruising around the area in our Wrangler, our check engine light came on. We ended up in Louisburg ,Wisconsin, a town of less than 100 with not only no stop lights but no stop signs! Believe it or not, the tiny town had a Jeep dealership (90 years old). Pulled in and checked in with the service/parts counter. Left the Jeep with them and they even gave us a loner. Came back a couple hours later, Jeep fixed, no charge for the loaner and their bill was less than $150 to replace the thermostat.
You just can’t beat the small town hospitality!

Last edited:
On the lighter side, earlier this year, we were in Wisconsin having our furniture recovered at Bauer Upholstery.
You live in California, but drove to Wisconsin, to have your seats recovered? What am I missing here?

You live in California, but drove to Wisconsin, to have your seats recovered? What am I missing here?
Spent 3 months earlier this year on a 7 thousand mile cross country rv outing. From the SF Bay Area to Key West. We knew we needed new upholstery as ours was flaking for the second time after Newmar replaced it. We wanted it done right and Lisa Bauer near Dubuque was the best choice as she has all the old Flexsteel patterns thus could do the job in 2 days. And, she is only about 80 miles from HWH where we were able to get some adjustments to our Active Air system completed. And, on the way, enjoyed a few days in the Kentucky bourbon tasting region😁! Beautiful trip……love this country.

I have five outstanding recalls on my 2021 Ford f150. Every time I receive another notice I call my local dealer that I paid top dollar to for the pickup and told they are not making recall appointments right now but will put me on the call back list which has been over three months with no calls. Everyone is using the Chinese flu as an excuse for their right to provide terrible service.

Spent 3 months earlier this year on a 7 thousand mile cross country rv outing. From the SF Bay Area to Key West. We knew we needed new upholstery as ours was flaking for the second time after Newmar replaced it. We wanted it done right and Lisa Bauer near Dubuque was the best choice as she has all the old Flexsteel patterns thus could do the job in 2 days. And, she is only about 80 miles from HWH where we were able to get some adjustments to our Active Air system completed. And, on the way, enjoyed a few days in the Kentucky bourbon tasting region😁! Beautiful trip……love this country.
Yeah, I figured it had to be something like that. :)

Bauer bought all the tooling and patterns from Flexsteel once they announced they were getting out of the RV furniture business. So, if you wanted exact fit on reupholstering your Flexsteel furniture, this is the only place that can do it.

Latest resources

Back