Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JAE

RVF Newbee
Does anyone have experience or expertise in re-upholstering the power sofa in an SS Agile? We bought ours used and after our first trip decided we needed a mattress topper. It works great, but rolling it up and stowing it was always a struggle and more time-consuming than I’d like. Now, because of arthritis in my hands, it has become impossible. What I want to do is have the upholstery, which is still in great shape, removed, memory foam added and the upholstery material reinstalled. We’ve used an auto interior upholsterer with great success in the past. But I have no idea how the sofa is constructed — if the original padding can be salvaged, what kind of springs (if any) are in the cushions, whether the unit can be easily removed and re-installed and, if so, how, etc. These are all questions (and perhaps more) our upholsterer will need to find out, and of course, it‘s much easier to learn from someone else’s experience. If anyone has tackled a similar project before, I’d really appreciate any suggestions and feedback you can offer.

Latest resources

Back