Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ben

RVF Regular
Just got a 2003 Newmar Kountry star. Anyway the pocket door from the bathroom to the bedroom is strap/snapped just like my fifth wheel. The pocket door from the living area to the bathroom is not strapped. I can't figure how to get it out of the wall? :mad: I really feel like a dummy.
Thanks
Ben

Sometimes, there is a "locking" affair on the doors where you push the door further into the recess and that releases the catch. After this idea, I'm done.

Only dumb question on this site are the ones not asked. Don't have experience with this but just saying.

Thanks, I'll give it a try afterwhile, it is pouring rain here right now. And Kevin you just don't know the amount of dumb questions I'm capable of asking. LOL
Thanks again. Nice group of people on here, hoping I will meet some on the road one day.

Is there an oblong cutout in the edge of the pocket door? If so, try pushing up or down on the metal plate in the cutout. That’s how many of the Newmar latches work.

TJ

A picture of the stuck door might help. Some of us may have the same door

Thanks for the replies. It kept pouring rain until this old guy went to bed last night. Checked it this morning and pushed, pulled, pickedup on it and it doesn't come out. Tried to download a picture but my internet is terrible at best. Looks like a regular pocket door in a house. Will continue to check. Thanks for the replies.
Ben

OK finally got it. Really would feel dumb but discovered a lot of people went through similar. After various searches iRV2.com had people with same problems a few years back. Newmar evidently uses a long piece of velcro on certain older models. They said after long drives it really tightened up to where a couple of them broke the latch trying to pull it closed. I went back out and pulling and wiggling got it. Live and learn. LOL

Glad you sorted it out.

Time to get the resolved stamp on this one.

Latest resources

Back