Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rear A/C in Newmar Ventana (and maybe others)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It seems my rear A/C has most of its output in the bathroom. I'm not sure how other models compare, maybe this is Newmar's design of the HVAC. What are others' experiencing in bedroom vs. bathroom A/C performance and have you done anything such as blocking or restricting the bathroom vent to try and get more airflow to the bedroom?

My Kountry Star is the same 4037 floor plan, and that is the coldest spot in the RV. I replaced the grill with a louvered one so we could adjust the flow and force a little more flow into the bedroom area. Seems to help and avoids freezing off the bits and bobs when getting out of the shower.

If you have a link to what you replaced on the vent I'd appreciate it. No rush, I know you're handling your tire situation.

I just checked mine in my 22 Newmar Ventana 3407 as it is currently running in the bedroom. I'm getting a good flow of AC from both ducts in the bedroom... Bathroom also has a good flow of AC. Pretty much equal flow of AC in bedroom and bathroom.

If you have a link to what you replaced on the vent I'd appreciate it. No rush, I know you're handling your tire situation.
I remember finding it on Amazon, it wasn't a perfect fit for the screw holes but it did fully cover the hole. If I can locate the purchase I will attach the link.

Similar experience for '23 Newmar New Aire. Both ACs share the same ducts and I swear with even only the "rear" AC running, most air comes out from the mid bathroom and living room vents. I've been tempted to try putting a piece of foam in the ducts between the two AC units to force each one to service only their own part of the coach vs sharing the entire ductworks.

Best,
-Mark

Neal, you could just put a small piece of AC filter element (kind of like what Newmar uses, only thicker) in behind the supply register. That would slow the air flow down and redirect it to the bedroom.

Amazon product ASIN B077SP23FP

2014 Ventana 3436 - I don't notice a problem. I suppose that's an AC vent in tiny bathroom, but there's plenty of cooling in the rear AC in the bedroom.
Our previous MH had basement air, and was less noisy....but I kind of like the white noise effect,

Thanks for the ideas in this thread! After this very simple "mod" both my front and rear ACs on my 2023 New Aire seem to be putting out much more cold air into the coach now.

I went to a hobby store and picked up some 1" thick foam that I could tightly roll up like a newspaper and then it would easily re-expand. I rolled it up and then inserted it into the rearmost of the 6 front AC cold vents (closest to the bathroom), shoving the rolled up ends such they would each butt up against the sidewalls of the shared air duct.

Doing this basically divided that shared cold air duct into two: one for the main coach and a seperate one for the rear bedroom and bath.

Now when I run the rear AC more than half the air isn't instead going out the front vents of the coach. So much is going out the rear bedroom vents now when the rear AC is turned on I can not only feel the difference coming out, but even hear the air. No more questioning if it is even on or not. I also have more air coming out the front vents when the front AC is on as some of it isn't making its way to the bathroom and bedroom.

I think this hack works because the front AC sits directly between the 2 pairs of 3 cold vents up front (center of the two fancy vent covers) while the bedroom AC actually sits above the bathroom just a few feet behind those 6 front cold vents and yet what seems like miles from the rear 3 cold vents.

For better air flow I did leave the return vent alone, allowing it to suck air in from the easiest path given how many have added additional supply vent holes to try to solve this issue. That said one could do the exact same thing in that 6th supply vent to make the ACs truly seperated.

So far so good. I wish Newmar did this at the factory, but it is an easy hack to increase air flow and how much better the 2 AC units appear to work.

I have included photos. Please excuse the poor quality on the scope photos from inside the vent.

Best,
-Mark

Attachments

• 20230813_131435.jpg
    20230813_131435.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20230813_131507.jpg
    20230813_131507.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 20230813_131653.jpg
    20230813_131653.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19