Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Richard J

RVF Newbee
I recently bought a 98 Damon Intruder on a Freightliner chassis with Cat power. The fronts work fine. I`ve checked all the airbags for leaks and can`t hear any. As well I used "Mr. Bubble" (kids "blowing bubble" solution) which was suggested., and still found no leaks.
These have what seem to be "valves" with leavers connected to the chassis which I think control the air ride height.

Anyone have an idea of what could cause this problem. This coach has stayed in a closed garage since new and only has 69K milage.
I`m very savvy mechanically, but before tampering with these control valves I would like some advice.

Did you spray the ride height valves? How about the moisture ejectors on the rear (and front) tanks

Have you tried moving the coach at all? Sometimes moving the rv forward and backward a few feet will sort of wake the system up and get it to return to ride height.

Yep, I sprayed everything related to the air ride system. But I only noticed 2 air tanks in front. Are there 2 in the rear? I`ve heard the pressure releases from the rear so I guess I better look.
On one front tank there is a "device" with a coiled up cable but the cable went no where. The other tank has a quick connect for an air hose to set tire pressures or run an impact wrench for changing tires (flat). How does the water release devices operate.

Is it safe to loosen the "Control valve`s rod to the chassis and move it a bit? I`m deaf enough without blowing out an air bag.

First, if you haven't already, make yourself some ramps to get the coach up and give you some room under the coach.
CIMG1952.JPG

CIMG2018.JPG

The moisture ejectors on mine have a a power cord for heating (maybe if I lived up north it would make sense), they also have a place to attach a cord so that you can drain the moisture manually - how they work automatically I don't know.
CIMG2007.JPG

As for there being a tank in the aft on a freightliner, not sure. I think I saw one on my spartan up high in the aft.

As for moving the ride height valve manually, I have done so with no problem. You twist the valve one way and it increases the height, the other it lowers the height. You only need to move it a little bit to see the change and the valve springs back to center. Be careful though.
WP_20170115_15_19_57_Pro.jpg

Latest resources

Back