• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rear trailer camera

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We have a Furrion on our 5W. It’s been dependable but we have the small monitor (3-4”) so looking into getting a larger one. I’ve never used it for backing up, btw. The best use for us has been to see what’s behind you and to make sure the bikes are still there :)

I have had Furrion and it worked very well and never a issue. YMMV however like anything with RV’s.

Any advice on mounting rear camera monitor on /by dash. Have a Ford F-150, 2019. Was told to check “Pro Clips”

Great question and one that we pondered on a bit even before we picked up our TT. Initially, we actually purchased the Furrion model with the 4" screen. As I was checking out this system, I was not digging the screen size especially as I age and have to depend on the screen on the road. I then heard of a product called Haloview BT-7. I read up on this system, did some research, put out some feelers and reviewed quite of bit of review videos. Plus, the cost was half of the Furrion set up. One thing that almost discouraged me from buying the BT-7 system was how I was going to install it on my 23LDE since it was pre-wired for the Furrion system. After watching some installation videos, this fear was quickly dismissed. I returned the Furrion system and purchased the BT-7 (which included side marker cameras) and came with a 7" monitor that sits on my dash with a factory mount included. Installation took me about 2 hours though it could have been completed in about an hour, but I like to take my time to avoid issues. Check it out and compare for yourself.

Another vote for the BT7. Love mine, even better than my previous Haloview! Another thing I found and got for my BT7 (and maybe these are available for other brands but I hadn't seen them!) is the "monitor harness" so that you can mount it on your rearview. My last cam just sat on the dash, but my brain processes info better when it's in the usual place o_O

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
We saw the mirror harness, but we are waiting a bit since my wife (navigator) helps me keep an eye on the video feed as we travel down the road. I may change my mind and get the harness down the road. Just like my upgraded tow mirrors, I just have to get used to it. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back