Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
I’m thinking about getting a tray for the rear of my 5th wheel. The bumper has a hitch receiver. I know to keep the weight low. I’m planning on just some folding chairs, table, table top grill and some yard lights etc.

I’ve seen several post about RV special bike racks but didn’t see anything about trays. Amazon has several listed with bags. What should I be looking for in a tray. What have you used and been satisfied with ???

Traveling across the country I have seen numerous mangled on the side of the road or at the cg. Buy cheap, get cheap. You want a heavy gauge tongue, the part that goes into the receiver. They fail because the gauge to too thin and metal fatigue sets in. Many max out at weight, do not underestimate the weight

I have found that if I run a small rachet strap from the rack to the bumper/frame and tighten it up it will take most of the bounce out of the rack and hitch. The bouncing around is what causes most failures with a cargo rack.

I’m thinking about getting a tray for the rear of my 5th wheel. The bumper has a hitch receiver. I know to keep the weight low. I’m planning on just some folding chairs, table, table top grill and some yard lights etc.

I’ve seen several post about RV special bike racks but didn’t see anything about trays. Amazon has several listed with bags. What should I be looking for in a tray. What have you used and been satisfied with ???
If I were to use one, and I won't! I would use the kind that has a receiver at both frame rails.

Although it is more trouble to deal with I pull a harbor freight tools trailer behind my fifth.

I still haul very little weight, but failure of a tray can kill those unfortunate enough to be behind you.

Latest resources

Back