Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

roadtrek

RVF Regular
Hello people, I have a 2008 roadtrek versatile with a tripp lite inverter and want to replace that one with a lithium converter/inverter. 35 amp would be fine.
Can anyone recommend a unit for my Roadtrek or if they've had experience replacing one?
Thanks!!

Inverrters are rated in watts. As an example 3000watt inverter produces 27 amps of 115 volt output, and draws 250 amps. More at peak. An inverter that supplies 30 amps draws 3 amps of 115 volt power.

So we need to know what you want to give you an answer.

Victron is likely the best choice today.

Good point I didn't provide much info. Currently in the roadtrek is a tripp lite RV750ULH PowerVerter RV Inverter/Charger. 750 watt. 45 amp.

So the tripp lite works like a UPS! No need for a transfer switch,clean power! What is the reason for looking elsewhere? Seems like a good answer to me!

Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure how the tripp lite would handle lithium batteries since they were made in pre lithium times. I have a hard time getting an answer from them. Guess I should just call them.

Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure how the tripp lite would handle lithium batteries since they were made in pre lithium times. I have a hard time getting an answer from them. Guess I should just call them.
Lithium likes cvcc power supplies. That means no three stage charging. I am sure they have something that will answer the call.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back