Chas

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
Vegas 24.1
RV Length
We bought a 2016 Thor Vegas 24.1. We haven't taken it anywhere yet. We're still trying to figure everything out. Does anyone know what the red light that looks like a lock, on the dashboard mean? We're having fits trying to figure it out. I've looked over the owner's manual several times with no luck. There's so much to learn about these things. I'm almost paranoid about taking it on the road. If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Tyvm in advance!

@Chas I'm not familiar with your unit however I believe it's on a Ford chassis. Ford has a passive antitheft system that immobilizes the vehicle if someone tries to start & drive the vehicle without the keys. The dash light is the indication that the system is working. I'm not positive this is what you are seeing but it's my best guess.

I think @Someday Came is correct. If you could provide a photo of what you are seeing and a description of when it is on (always displayed, only when key is on, only when engine is running, etc.) we could help you verify that information.

BTW, welcome to RVF. Glad to have you here.

TJ

@Chas I'm not familiar with your unit however I believe it's on a Ford chassis. Ford has a passive antitheft system that immobilizes the vehicle if someone tries to start & drive the vehicle without the keys. The dash light is the indication that the system is working. I'm not positive this is what you are seeing but it's my best guess.

Ty, I'll post a pic tomorrow. Yes. It is on a Fird chassis.

Chas, no worries on the duplicate threads. We're a friendly bunch here and I was just hoping to focus the answers to your question in one place.

Again, welcome to RVF.

TJ

Is this the symbol you are referring to?

It is shown in black-and-white about halfway down the page, on the left side. On the instrument panel, it will be red.

TJ

Is this the symbol you are referring to?

It is shown in black-and-white about halfway down the page, on the left side. On the instrument panel, it will be red.

TJ
Yes, that's itty

Latest resources

Back