Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

pplank

RVF Regular
The grab handle when you come into our RV is loose and the previous owner did a bit of backwoods engineering to try and fix it. I feel the only way to properly fix it is to remove the fridge. How hard is it to take out?

Thanks
Phil

Depends on the RV but I’ve done a couple and if you are just moving it to get behind it to do some work, that should be fairly easy. Getting the thing out of the coach is another story.

I hesitate in saying the job is easy. You may have to remove the roof vent.
I wonder why you referenced the PO the way you did. Pictures could offer other options. Also fridge location to door could offer other ways of dealing with it.

The grab handle when you come into our RV is loose and the previous owner did a bit of backwoods engineering to try and fix it. I feel the only way to properly fix it is to remove the fridge. How hard is it to take out?

Thanks
Phil
Our Dometic fridge went out so I replaced with a resi fridge. While not difficult can be a bit of a challenge Here is a photo of old fridge once I had it removed and the new one installed. I am not sure how yours is installed but this was not just a simple slide it out event. that is probably why the past owner "engineered" a fix. Good Luck! Post updates.

Attachments

• IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • Rev1 Fridge 2 trimmed out.jpg
    Rev1 Fridge 2 trimmed out.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 3

Latest resources

Back