• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Registration question

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Okay great. Let's say we are going to park it in the Denver area. How do we license it in Colorado when we live in Hawai'i?
You will need to research the specific registration laws in Colorado. If you will be purchasing the RV in Colorado, the dealer can help you with registration.

We bought our current coach in Colorado (while living in Washington state) and the dealer took care of all the registration. We just got a 30-day temporary permit to bring it back to Washington, but could have done a permanent registration IIRC. At no time did anyone want us to have a Colorado address. If they had, we would have just set up a drop box.

TJ

Okay great. Let's say we are going to park it in the Denver area. How do we license it in Colorado when we live in Hawai'i?

For me in VA it is registered at the "garaged" location, not your residence. This is where you pay taxes on it - the garaged location, so that is also the vehicle registration address.

For me in VA it is registered at the "garaged" location, not your residence. This is where you pay taxes on it - the garaged location, so that is also the vehicle registration address.
So your RV has a set of plates for a state other than Virginia? Was that hard to do? Did you need a mailing address (ok box?) there?

Any issues with insurance?

Maybe we are making this harder than it is. Thanks.

My garaged location is 100 miles from my residence - both in VA. Insurance has the location as well.

Not only inspections. Some states require commercial driver license. But if you are registered in a state that does not require one, (Florida is one) you can drive anywhere with your car DL.

Latest resources

Back