RV Model
Red 33 AA
RV Length
35 ft
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Sahara
Fulltimer
No
This happened to me three years ago when I was dry camping at the Hershey RV show with a different coach. It was 90+ degrees out and the Generator was running non stop. I happened to look at my Spyder control panel and my house batteries were not charging. I checked all the breakers and restarted the Genny to no avail.

A guy pulled in with a Phaeton so I decided to asked him if he ever encountered this, he said let me finish my drink and I will right over I think I k now what it is. He said open your bay to your generator look for two breakers up in left hand corner and see if one is off. Yep flipped breaker back on and poof full recharge to house batteries.

I say this because I pulled into a Harvest Host in NY. Turned on the Genny to charge my batteries for the night and checked the Spyder, my house batteries was dropping from 12.5 to 12.4 then 12.3 while the Genny was running. Hmmmmmm not good, I said let me check the breakers on the Genny itself. Mine is an 8000 Onan. Yep sure enough this one has one 30 amp breaker, it was flipped off. Turn back on and poof fully charged house batteries. ,

The previous day I was boondocking somewhere, I had the Generator running and I had the heat, the heated floors, the microwave, and the coffee pot all going at once. I think that is when I popped it....the Genny stopped momentarily then came back on.

Just remember the Genny Breakers.

HH

Latest resources

Back