Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How To Remove and replace both tv's in a 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40qsh?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JimChan52

RVF Regular
H E L P !!!!! Just bought a 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40qsh and want to replace both TV's with updated smart TV's. Anyone know how to get these buggers out of their holes?

H E L P !!!!! Just bought a 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40qsh and want to replace both TV's with updated smart TV's. Anyone know how to get these buggers out of their holes?
I believe there are 4 TV's, aren't there? I've removed the one above the dash and the one by the kitchen sink before, but the one in the bedroom I have not. Nor the one that is outside above the basement. It's been awhile since I've messed wtih them, but tell me which ones you are working on and I'll go down to the rig and refresh my memory.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, I'm referring to the one above the dash and in the bedroom.

@JimChan52, here is a picture of the rear of the TV that hangs above the dash on mine. There may be differences between the 2008 and the 2009, but hopefully you can glean enough to make your job easier. :)

When the TV was installed, there is a bracket that is attached to the rear of the TV. This is the same as any TV wall mount in your house. That mount has a curved top, and that curved top is what fits over the top of the wall mount so that the TV will hang. Then at the bottom of the mount, there are a couple of screws that hold the bracket on the TV to the bracket that mounts on the wall, or in this case, the RV.

Mine had a surround sound speaker just below the TV that had to be removed to get access to the back of the TV. I think that was an aftermarket addition though. But once you get to where you can look up behind the TV, (which is tough due to the lack of space) you'll see the two screws that connect the TV bracket to the wall bracket. It'll take a long screwdriver, but remove those two screws and the bottom of the TV will swing out toward you. (Sorry, in the picture I posted it's hard to see the top screw because of a black cable.)

From there, you can disconnect the cables (power and otherwise) and then lift the TV up a bit and it'll come right out.

front tv.JPG

Last edited:
Finally got time to work on the TV again - thanks for the advise but no luck. My TV is a Panasonic with a forward facing speaker at the bottom of the TV. It's molded as part of the TV set itself. I have tried to lift the TV to see if it is just hanging - no luck. I have taken my flash light and carefully looked inside all edges between the TV and the cabinet but there are no screws, nuts or levers to remove or release. I friend said unplug it and take a Sawzall to it.... LOL I'll keep trying.

Have you called Tiffin? I'm thinking someone there should know how to remove the TV.

TJ

Now where is the fun in calling Tiffin???? LOL o_O But, I guess that is my next step... I hate it when I can't figure something out.... Oh Bobbbbbb, are you in????????

Latest resources

Back