• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Removing and replacing diamondshield ibm film

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
In my experience, the better the condition of the DS, the easier and quicker it is to remove.
Where could we have the film removed and reapplied if we buy this 7-yo coach we’re looking at? The film still looks good but I don’t think it will in a year or two.
You can check with any place that does RV paint and body work. I was surprised when I found out that a local outfit I was considering was given the DS papal blessing to apply new material. You could also get a referral from DS themselves.

In my experience, the better the condition of the DS, the easier and quicker it is to remove.

You can check with any place that does RV paint and body work. I was surprised when I found out that a local outfit I was considering was given the DS papal blessing to apply new material. You could also get a referral from DS themselves.
Oh, OK. And that's a good point about the condition. So another words don't wait until it's in bad shape

If the ds has had regular treatment with 303 and cleaning after every drive, it should last much longer.

There are products superior to DS. I had my 2021 BMW M3 wrapped with a product that is self healing, transparent at all angles, and much tougher than DS. It was expensive, but came with a lifetime transferable warranty. Any auto detail shop that deals in paint correction and protection will either be able to install or refer to a local installer.

My 2022 LA will have the DS removed, and the entire front cap (above windshiele) done as well as the door, and baggage doors.

DS removed post build or never applied by Newmar? Certainly better to never put it on. Curious of Newmar would do that.

DS removed post build or never applied by Newmar? Certainly better to never put it on. Curious of Newmar would do that.
Yes they will. $300 fee to not install. You can request the 3d cut rolls to be included and not installed. This is how I am ordering mine. These will be used for templates for a better quality PPF that doesn't require constant care.

$300 to not do work...Ok, so they have to manage that someone doesn't put the material on. Plus they get paid their original parts / labor in the selling price...
Just venting...you already knew all that.
What PPF will you be installing? DIY or a shop? I might look into DIY of same material.

Most likely xpel. I have this on my 21 M3. It hasn't been on long enough to know how it will hold up, but based on my research it's the best quality.

I am going to be adding this to all the bay doors, the entire line below the floor level, front cap top to bottom, entry door, and the rear below the engine door.

This will be applied after paint correction and before ceramic coating. The entire coach will then be ceramic coated.

Latest resources

Back