Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Stevens182

RVF Newbee
Well, I made my first newbie mistake only a few hours after I got my first travel trailer...

I was backing it up into my side yard and clipped the rear corner on the underside of the roof which caused a small tear as you can see in the attached picture.

It's in kind of an odd location so I'm not sure if a patch will work or if it's better just to use a caulking-type sealant. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• PXL_20211006_145826431.jpg
    PXL_20211006_145826431.jpg
    856.6 KB · Views: 16
Is the spout just torn away or is there other damage? When I put spouts on ours, I just caulked it.

I can't see any deep punctures or anything like that comment it just seems like it's been rubbed pretty well. The portion of it that is kind of like the gutter which connects to the spout looks a little bit bent outwards but other than that, nothing. I just want to make sure no water gets down in there but I don't think it really punctured anything. I just want to be on the safe side...

Looks like there is a ton of caulk on it. Clean it up. The part with the arrow, you should be able to push back up under the lip of the gutter. Straighten it up best you can and recaulk.

Or at least, that is what I would do.

1633638559950.png

Looks like there is a ton of caulk on it. Clean it up. The part with the arrow, you should be able to push back up under the lip of the gutter. Straighten it up best you can and recaulk.

Or at least, that is what I would do.

View attachment 9238
Awesome! Thanks for the help, there's an RV shop right around the corner from my house so I'm going to head there right now and pick up some sealant. Thanks again!

Latest resources

Back