Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

truenorthlesbians

RVF Newbee
Hello everyone! My wife and I have recently purchased a 2004 Fleetwood Prowler that we are remodeling and turning into our permanent home that we will be boondocking in. The batteries we currently have are not good, they are Interstate Batteries 24DC Marine/RV from Costco. We have 2 of them. I am wondering if anyone has sugestions on replacment batteries that wont break the bank. I was going to just get 2 new ones of these but after looking at the reviews, they don't seem to be very good batteries.
Any suggestions will help.
Thank you in advance!

Since nearly zero production RV's are designed to bondock, you will need to analyse your AC/DC loads and requirements, what you would like to be able to run while boondocking, and what you must have while boondocking, then find a solar installer in your area and get help designing a battery/solar system to accomplish your goals. If you just replace what you currently have with new I think you will find yourself very frustrated.

We have a generator and will eventually hook up solar but the batteries that came with the RV are bad. I'm just looking for good recommendations on batteries but thanks for your input.

Your curent batteries physical size will dictate your battery replacement options, if your not planning on increasing capacity now than any same battery group size will get you back up and running. Look for a sale, as when you upgrade to solar you will most likely be replacing your current batteries for additional and or higher capacity ones that will increase your ability to boondock. Costco and most auto parts stores will have sales on deep cycle batteries that could replace the current ones.

Latest resources

Back