RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Cherokee 39RL
RV Length
39'8"
Chassis
Destination Trailer
I fear my Dometic 300 has the dreaded inner seal leak issue. Noticed a godawful stench in the head the other day. Replaced the flange gasket but still a bit of a smell, and when I pulled the toilet out onto the deck and flipped it upside down to clean up the tailpiece a horrible scummy gel/liquid dropped out onto my shoes.
I have seen the fixes online by tearing apart the inner and outer bowl and siliconing the daylights out of it, but maybe just replace it?
I like the ceramic bowl on the Dometic 310 and I can get a good price on one, but wondering if it has the same issue? Or with the ceramic bowl not flexing, maybe not an issue? My other thought is installing a residential style toilet, we have a Cherokee 39 RL destination model, so it'll never leave the site but having a hard time finding something that doesn't stick out too far from the wall.

There are recalls on some of the dometic 300 series, might want to check that out before you buy.

Man-to-man, been there and done that (replaced seal and everything)! Got a dometic porcelain model 310 and never looked back. One of the best things I ever did.

Appreciate the vote of confidence. Based on that, and some replies on another forum I've ordered a 310. Anything is better than the reek...

Latest resources

Back