• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
After a lot of searching...and a suggestion from someone over on the other Newmar forum...I think I have found the ideal replacement valve for the outdoor shower unit in the wet bay in our coach. YMMV! I have ordered all the parts and they should be here in a few days. Below are links for the full setup.

Valve unit: T&S Brass B-1115-LN Wall Mounted Workboard Faucet with 4

Spout/Nozzle: T&S Brass 034A 90 Deg Swivel To Hose Thread - Cell Phone Carrying Cases - Amazon.com

I plan to mount the faucet unit upside down to get the output side on the bottom, and reverse the hot/cold handles to keep things in correct perspective. That will allow the faucet to fully drain and avoid any water remaining in the valve body when winterizing.

This setup should make for a pretty simple conversion...at least, I hope so. Note that the valve spacing centers are 4" just like the existing shower valve, so it should fit the existing cover. And, the 034A spout/nozzle terminates in a standard hose thread. It will also swivel out of the way, so no clearance issues with the wet bay door.

The selected valve is also available on Amazon, but at a significantly higher price and a more extended delivery time; Prime not available. Fresh Water Systems has them on close-out at what I consider a great price for a quality unit.

TJ

Last edited:
After a lot of searching...and a suggestion from someone over on the other Newmar forum...I think I have found the ideal replacement valve for the outdoor shower unit in the wet bay in our coach. YMMV! I have ordered all the parts and they should be here in a few days. Below are links for the full setup.

Valve unit: T&S Brass B-1115-LN Wall Mounted Workboard Faucet with 4

Spout/Nozzle: T&S Brass 034A 90 Deg Swivel To Hose Thread - Cell Phone Carrying Cases - Amazon.com

I plan to mount the faucet unit upside down to get the output side on the bottom, and reverse the hot/cold handles to keep things in correct perspective. That will allow the faucet to fully drain and avoid any water remaining in the valve body when winterizing.

This setup should make for a pretty simple conversion...at least, I hope so. Note that the valve spacing centers are 4" just like the existing shower valve, so it should fit the existing cover. And, the 034A spout/nozzle terminates in a standard hose thread. It will also swivel out of the way, so no clearance issues with the wet bay door.

The selected valve is also available on Amazon, but at a significantly higher price and a more extended delivery time; Prime not available. Fresh Water Systems has them on close-out at what I consider a great price for a quality unit.

TJ

@TJ&LadyDi … make sure and post a picture when you are done. Always like to see what the MODS look like.

FLSteve

Look forward to seeing it...this mod is in my future as well...I also intend to scrap that bumped-out plastic piece in favor of a flat piece of this...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PUWFMG0/?tag=rvf01-20

Some machining of holes for the faucet & screw holes will be required, but I will gain that 1” or so the bump out “steals”.

I've thought of something similar if the pre-existing "bumped out plastic piece" doesn't work out. This is what I was thinking of using.

Thinking of the 1/4" thick Opaque White material. Pre-cut to 8"x12" with radiused corners, it would run $15 plus shipping. I could drill the valve holes myself.

TJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back