Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Researching and considering a few campers for full time...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

lucin.k

RVF Regular
Some feedback would be appreciated! After some research and inquiry I feel a fifth wheeler camper would fit my needs. I found two that seem decently priced and would like perspective if anyone has to share. Including what they used to tow, from what I see a F350 or related class would be ideal due to GVWR.

1. 2011 Forest River Cedar Creek 34RLSA @$20,750.00
2. 2016 Grand Design Refelction337RLS @ $25,000.00 (on consignment)

I am in South FL and would mainly be in this area with occasional travel.
Thanks again for anyone with insight into these or their particular experience with full time living in a 5th wheel or Travel trailers.

The 2016 G Reflection is a great choice. Later years are not the same quality but are still good.

Forest River Cedar Creek is not the same quality in that year. I would spend the extra on the Grand Design if all other things are equal.

The 2016 G Reflection is a great choice. Later years are not the same quality but are still good.

Forest River Cedar Creek is not the same quality in that year. I would spend the extra on the Grand Design if all other things are equal.
Thank you! Ideally I was considering the Grand Design as I noticed to be of better quality in certain aspects. I have seen, for whatever reason, new campers are not of same quality as mid or older 2010's depending on the manufacturer.

This year I have purchased 4 RV's for various family members. 3 of them are used travel trailers. Grand Design prior to 2018 are very good quality, but after 2018 they are hit and miss.

I also purchased a 2014 Redwood 5th wheel last month for my son. This was an excellent quality and year for redwood compared to many in the same year. For brands like Keystone, Forest River, Montana, etc I would look at pre-2009 models.

Where the quality suffers on these is wall construction, wiring, and insulation. Pressing on an interior wall will tell you a lot about the quality behind it. Looking in the basement behind covers and various access points will also help.

Agree with @redbaron, we had a 2012 FR Cardinal, same class as the CC, it was junk, main slide roof rotted in 3 years, many other problems, traded it for a loss on a 2017 Montana (not much better) go with the GD, my son has GD tt, so far so good

This year I have purchased 4 RV's for various family members. 3 of them are used travel trailers. Grand Design prior to 2018 are very good quality, but after 2018 they are hit and miss.

I also purchased a 2014 Redwood 5th wheel last month for my son. This was an excellent quality and year for redwood compared to many in the same year. For brands like Keystone, Forest River, Montana, etc I would look at pre-2009 models.

Where the quality suffers on these is wall construction, wiring, and insulation. Pressing on an interior wall will tell you a lot about the quality behind it. Looking in the basement behind covers and various access points will also help.
Thanks again for your insight. Ironically, I am also looking at a used 2014 Redwood RV 5th 38GK but it is on the hire end of my budget, however I can definitely see why though, looks like great quality.
What do you use to tow the one you bought for your son?

Agree with @redbaron, we had a 2012 FR Cardinal, same class as the CC, it was junk, main slide roof rotted in 3 years, many other problems, traded it for a loss on a 2017 Montana (not much better) go with the GD, my son has GD tt, so far so good
Thank you, budget wise I will lean more to the GD. Keeping my eyes open on what is ideal.

Thanks again for your insight. Ironically, I am also looking at a used 2014 Redwood RV 5th 38GK but it is on the hire end of my budget, however I can definitely see why though, looks like great quality.
What do you use to tow the one you bought for your son?
It too is a 38GK. I have a ram 3500 drw that towed it and it handled very well.

The redwood is a very good Rv. Asking price was 34k and we bought for 25k. I spent another 4k on adding the 3rd air, replacing washer, and upgrading the water heater to an on demand system.

Agree on both points

It too is a 38GK. I have a ram 3500 drw that towed it and it handled very well.

The redwood is a very good Rv. Asking price was 34k and we bought for 25k. I spent another 4k on adding the 3rd air, replacing washer, and upgrading the water heater to an on demand system.
So you negotiated from 34k to 25K? The one I see is also listed for 34k... lol
Seems right, I am looking for a F350 or Ram 3500 as the vehicle to pull.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back