Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
This is interesting. If you haven’t experienced being brake checked and trying to slow down a 50,000+ vehicle I am keeping this list in my memory.

LA deserves its own special black blotch on the map.

Too funny. At least I don’t feel alone. Bothers me…a lot!

But quite frankly, I’don’t disagree about Arizona or even Texas. Pretty surprised Colorado didn’t make it. Sometimes, I think it’s cuz they see the Cali plates. 🤪

Anyways…been surviving California freeways my entire life and, while people drive like a “bat outta He##”, the instances I’ve been flipped off are extremely rare in percentage of travel time. And…TBH…I can’t ever recall being brake checked. Perhaps it’s because there’s a good chance you’ll be shot? 🙄🤷🏻‍♂️

Now…being CUT OFF? Let’s not go there!!! 🤬

I try to maintain a six second following distance, so consequently all the road rage I’ve witnessed has been between other drivers passing me going faster and/or out on front of me. Where I’ve had issues (panic breaking) is when people cross the gore point at the last minute and end up directly in my path, most often while I’m exiting, but in one instance where a big rig driver decided to get back on the highway at the last second - literally. The net result is the same as being brake checked and it seems to happen in the dense urban areas, more densely populated with dense drivers. Fortunately it becomes obvious to anyone ignoring my numerous brake lights and tailgating me when my toad brakes lock up and start laying down smoke. Fun times.

I went into Roswell, New Mexico, today and was amazed at the times other drivers let me turn my toad in front of them, go first at a stop sign etc. Very refreshing. A few years ago I was driving the toad through Houston and lots of drivers indicated I was number one.

I went into Roswell, New Mexico, today and was amazed at the times other drivers let me turn my toad in front of them, go first at a stop sign etc. Very refreshing. A few years ago I was driving the toad through Houston and lots of drivers indicated I was number one.
I also find this to be the case almost everywhere I go in New England. Generally speaking its the population centers that breed this sort of behavior.

I also find this to be the case almost everywhere I go in New England. Generally speaking its the population centers that breed this sort of behavior.
One of the reasons we try to avoid big cities when we can.

Darrell

You have to wonder who makes these lists and what they use to justify. Don't agree with it, sorry. Now if you get into the denser population area, city centers, then yeah, road rage escalates. Not exactly where the big rigs tend to go.

Funny and conversation starting story - agree that more densely populated seems to correlate to higher propensity for road rage.

Spent some time in VA a couple years ago and found it easy to drive and very friendly. But was in more rural areas and not near a big city.

As others have stated We avoid large population centers if at all possible, especially during high traffic times. This takes some planning on the east coast, especially, but worth it.

Latest resources

Back